Chamber / City Brick Street Meeting for Business Owners
August 5th, 2010: 6:00pm
Questions, comments, and discussions:
1) Brick surface quality – The quality of the brick surface on Court Street versus Main St was discussed. Many are very pleased with the finished product on Court Street but there seem to be some issues with the final product on Main St. Discussion ensued about how to handle the surface on Main and Jeff Schug, from McClure Engineering will be working with the contractor in the next several weeks to address the concerns. It is likely that the brick will not be replaced, if that is the resulting action, until a later time.
2) Storm drain and system work has been completed and remaining sidewalks will be poured on Saturday (August 7th).
3) There was general discussion about the sidewalks on Main Street, open access etc.
4) There was discussion about the staging of Phase II construction, which is 9th Street. It was confirmed that work on 9th Street will not begin until after the festival. All should be prepared for 9th Street to be closed beginning Monday, August 16th.
5) Opening of Main and Court Streets was discussed. It appears that each street will be opened and operate similar to a “Dead end”. We are still working on the details of parking on each street but details on that will be released by the end of the week of August 13th.
6) The members in attendance also expressed desire to be kept informed of final parking and street closing and opening information in the next week.
The meeting adjourned at 6:30pm.
Thanks again for your understanding and cooperation – please contact me for questions and comments.
Chad A. Bird
City of Adel